NEW FOR 2019
Your first taste of what's to come at BBC Music Introducing LIVE has officially arrived! Join over 15,000 people at one of the BIGGEST & most exciting events on the UK music industry calendar for must-attend panels, workshops, masterclasses, face to face sessions & much more. Top BBC names will be sharing their advice, presenting & broadcasting live across three days. Find out more below & stay tuned for plenty more announcements coming your way soon...
BBC DJS & BROADCASTS
Mary Anne Hobbs
Digging deep into some of the most influential albums and songs ever produced, hearing from the people behind the music, this is an opportunity to gain a deeper understanding into some of the greatest albums of all time, the songs and the musicians who brought it all to life. What is your favourite album ever? Verve 'Urban Hymns'? Or maybe Radiohead's 'Pablo Honey'? Oasis? Definitely Maybe.
Tell Us How It Is
BBC Music Introducing LIVE is brimming with opportunities to hear from experts in the world of music. Now, attendees will have the chance to offer their advice to the industry. A unique chance to discuss experiences, thoughts for change, any areas and issues which could be improved upon – this is an open forum for everyone to create more opportunity and an open, diverse and inclusive environment for all.
Face To Face With The Music Business
Get face to face with the music business at BBC Music Introducing LIVE’s networking sessions. Whether you’re looking for a job in the industry, or advice on your own music, this is the chance to speak with major players.
Meet A Mentor
For those making their first steps in the music industry, the guidance and advice of a mentor can be invaluable. At BBC Music Introducing LIVE, Meet A Mentor will give mentees the opportunity to pair up with mentors from the industry to help with impartial advice, careers advice and counsel in more challenging times.
Internships & Apprenticeships
Leading companies from the world of music will be in attendance at the event, to share information on apprenticeships & paid internship programmes. Hear from employers, as well as people who are on the programmes right now.
SESSIONS | WORKSHOPS | PANELS | DISCUSSIONS | MASTERCLASSES
We're thrilled to reveal that The 1975 manager & Dirty Hit boss Jamie Oborne will take part in a headline talk in The Discovery Theatre presented by Spotify, hoping to inspire the future music industry with his experiences.
MTV, Universal Music UK, Warner Records, Beggars Group, Transgressive Records & hundreds more will be in attendance, sharing their industry knowledge and advice.
Whatever your stage in the music industry, there's a journey for you at BBC Music Introducing LIVE...
- Breaking Artists - How Have They Done It?
- What Does It Take To Start Out In A&R?
- Want My Job? Meet the Artist Managers
- How Do You Get a Job as a Music Promoter?
- Want My Job? Meet the Artist Booking Agents
- Breaking It Down - Jobs in a label. Who does what?
- What Does It Take To Start Out in Live Events?
- How Do You Get a Job Curating Playlists? Meet The Producers
- How Do You Get a Job In Music Journalism? Meet the Writers & Presenters
- Want My Job? Meet the Music PR's
- Want My Job? Meet the Music Marketeers
- Want my Internship/Apprenticeship?
- How To Make It As A Music Photographer
- The Mistakes I Made! – Hear the hard lessons it takes to become a great manager
- The Artist That Changed It All - Hear from the artist booking agents
- The Hits, The Misses – An honest masterclass in A&R
- Want To Do It Yourself? Get inspired by the entrepreneurs disrupting the industry
- The Show That Changed It All! - Stories and nightmares from the world of live events
- When Do You Need A Plugger?
WRITING, PLAYING & PERFORMING
These sessions will focus purely on the art and craft of making, playing and performing music. They are an opportunity to fully immerse yourself in the creative process with other musicians from all corners of the musical spectrum. Share ideas, ways of working and make creative connections.
- The Art of Songwriting
- Record An Album For £500
- Live Looping Masterclass
- From Backing Track To Live Set Up - Developing Your Live Show
- A Guitar Masterclass
- The Art of Performance
- Performing Live With Electronics
- Getting Your Live Sound Right For You
- Backing Vocals For Bands
- Making The Most Of Your Studio Time
- Making Tracks & Demos
- Finding Your Sound As a Producer
MUST KNOWS FOR ARTISTS
- How Do You Get Noticed In a Crowded Market?
- Playing Outside Your Postcode – Tips to get gigs away from your hometown
- Meet The People Who Can Get You On Festival Line Ups
- BBC Introducing - All Your Questions Answered
- Where’s All The Money? Getting funding for your music
- The Art Of Artwork & Why It Still Matters
- Making The Most Of Getting On The Road – Tips for a successful tour
- Getting Your Music On The Right Playlists and Making The Most Of It When It Is
- Getting Your Music On The Radio and Making The Most Of It When It Is
- The DIY Ethos – Choice or Necessity?
- Finding A Support Slot - Can It Be Done?
- The People and Places You Need To Know If You’re Releasing Electronic Music
- The Labels You Need To Know If You’re Rock
- Looking After Your Mental Health On The Road